Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rewind.

I thought I'd take a rewind and talk about a book I read a LONG time ago. Like, in November long ago :)
I was in Chapters in Toronto with a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket and I was at a "New Author's" stand, and there were a couple choices I found interesting but one that really stood out.
It was a collect of short stories called "Third Class Superhero" This is what it looks like:

And on the back it has a quotation from one of the characters who is saying: "My power,
if you can call it that, is that I am able to take about two gallons of water from moisture in the air and shoot it in a gentle strem or mist."
-Moisture Man
So based of the cover and delectable quotation I was thinking I had a really light enjoyable read ahead of me. I was WRONG. Dead Wrong.

It was an enjoyable read, don't get me wrong. But it wasn't a bunch of short stories about super heroes. As a matter of fact only one story was about super heroes (and super villians) and that was jsut used as symbolism of good and evil.
*spoiler alert* After many years of being unfulfilled as a superhero, moisture man flirts with villiany and although to him it's a huge fall and impact everyone else is just like "You're not the first one to be weak, to be evil. Get over yourself."
Which ended up being rather profound message to me.

See what it ends up being about is how complicated, yet meaningless our lives are. It was a really unique read, and some parts were a tad difficult to get through but overall it was a really good book.

****Being sick update*****
I have strep :) *coughs all over you*

1 comment:

Victoria Roth said...

awww! I hope you get better hun (yes I'll admit I scrolled down to the end and that's all I read .. :$ sorry)