Saturday, March 31, 2007

Reading

School is really getting inconvenient and it is interrupting my reading I mean my "To Read" list keeps growing and growing and I do do most of my reading in the summer granted (10 book summer as I call it) but at this rate it will need to be like a 30+ Book summer, and I'm going to summer school! This is really not fun. In anycase I though I would bore you all with my "To Read List". And they will be in order of how much I'd like to read them, naturally.

1; Valley of The Dolls - From what I've heard of it, it seems interesting and perhaps its the saddist in my but I like books about self destruction. O_o
2; Foucault's Pendulum - One of my favourite animes (haha *neeerrrddd*) is said to be based off of it to one extent or another and after reading a bit about it, it really intrigues me.
3; Ender's Series from Xenocide on - My brother first got my hooked on this series, and then I got a friend hooked. Anyways as it turns out I really like it. I mean it deals with issues of philosophy, and theology(to a lesser extent) and is such so well written. Mind you out of the two and a half I've read so far I liked Ender's Game (first) best.
4; The Space Odyssey Series - I'm a nerd wanna fight about it?
5; The Hitcher's guide series- My friend has been raving about it for years, and I've owned the complete series for prolly a year (I found it at the thrift store for $2).
6; Many Douglas Coupland novels - I started reading all Families are psychotic and I found myself hooked within the first 6 pages, and Coupland is such an eccentric person and writer.
......
94542; The Constant Gardener - The book that has become a fascist in my reading schedule because of this class. No offence to the book, I'm sure once I get into it I will enjoy it but I'm on page 60 or something and all that has happened a lot of talking and establishing of characters and character relationships. Also I know I could easily choose another book but this book is part murder mystery so... maybe Hannibal Lecteur will be at the root of it all (Like all good crime solving novels? Sherlock Holmes? Forget about it)

2 comments:

Ben Lariviere said...

It's really unfortunate when school gets in the way of education.

But clearly it's of some value to you, or else you wouldn't be in a situation where it was getting in the way, cause if it had no value to you, it wouldn't be important enough to get in the way.

...much like how learning how to golf fails to get in the way of my filmmaking.

Patrick Zac said...

I hate when school gets in the way of my reading, and my gaming, lawl.